Here's what I did:
- Baked a lot. I made three loaves of pumpkin bread, one loaf of banana bread, raisin bran muffins, and chocolate chip muffins. This morning we had pumpkin bread for breakfast and tonight we are having eggs, bacon, grits and muffins for dinner. All the leftovers will go in the freezer for another time.
- Got the book nearly finished. I am waiting for one more contributor's bio and I will be ready to send it off to the publisher!!
- Wrote my column for Christian Women Online for February and an article for The Old Schoolhouse.
- Sorted library books and made a tentative plan for what we will read this week. This is an odd week (when is that not true?) in that my older two are in exams so they are having short days. Which cuts our day short too.
- Did tons of laundry. As I write this, it is caught up... until the kids take off their clothes in a few hours to go to bed, that is!
- Whittled down my emails, which had crept way past the number I like to keep them at.
- Made our meal plan and grocery list for the week-- Curt ran to the grocery for me, which was nice.
- Sorted a large stack of papers that had piled up into three very scientific piles: "trash," "to deal with now," and "to deal with later."
- Made a rather long to do list based on the papers that were piled and the emails I had sorted. Then I divided that list into two lists, one for this coming week and one for the following one. That way I would feel less overwhelmed!
This week promises to be busy, with my older kids' exams and our church's homeschool moms' night out meeting here on Wednesday. I was supposed to be leaving on Thursday to visit my cousin for a girls' weekend that has been in the works for a year, but alas I just found out today we might have to reschedule... again. I am bummed about that! Meanwhile I will be working on my to do list, as always. Whittling away at it as much as is humanly possible while trying to keep living my priorities and focus my time like I need to do.
ETA: My cousin and I are back on! We worked out the kinks and, barring any more issues arising, I am heading to GA this coming weekend after all. We have a girls' weekend planned that includes seeing movies, laughing a lot (my cousin is one of the funniest people I have ever met), and eating. It doesn't get much better than that!