Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Weekend Report


This weekend was great in that we had nothing on the calendar-- nowhere to be, nothing to do other than just be at home. Which left us with lots of time to catch up on work and projects around the house. I got a lot done, but not as much as I wanted to. Isn't that the story of a mom's life?

Here's what I did:
  • Baked a lot. I made three loaves of pumpkin bread, one loaf of banana bread, raisin bran muffins, and chocolate chip muffins. This morning we had pumpkin bread for breakfast and tonight we are having eggs, bacon, grits and muffins for dinner. All the leftovers will go in the freezer for another time.
  • Got the book nearly finished. I am waiting for one more contributor's bio and I will be ready to send it off to the publisher!!
  • Wrote my column for Christian Women Online for February and an article for The Old Schoolhouse.
  • Sorted library books and made a tentative plan for what we will read this week. This is an odd week (when is that not true?) in that my older two are in exams so they are having short days. Which cuts our day short too.
  • Did tons of laundry. As I write this, it is caught up... until the kids take off their clothes in a few hours to go to bed, that is!
  • Whittled down my emails, which had crept way past the number I like to keep them at.
  • Made our meal plan and grocery list for the week-- Curt ran to the grocery for me, which was nice.
  • Sorted a large stack of papers that had piled up into three very scientific piles: "trash," "to deal with now," and "to deal with later."
  • Made a rather long to do list based on the papers that were piled and the emails I had sorted. Then I divided that list into two lists, one for this coming week and one for the following one. That way I would feel less overwhelmed!

This week promises to be busy, with my older kids' exams and our church's homeschool moms' night out meeting here on Wednesday. I was supposed to be leaving on Thursday to visit my cousin for a girls' weekend that has been in the works for a year, but alas I just found out today we might have to reschedule... again. I am bummed about that! Meanwhile I will be working on my to do list, as always. Whittling away at it as much as is humanly possible while trying to keep living my priorities and focus my time like I need to do.

ETA: My cousin and I are back on! We worked out the kinks and, barring any more issues arising, I am heading to GA this coming weekend after all. We have a girls' weekend planned that includes seeing movies, laughing a lot (my cousin is one of the funniest people I have ever met), and eating. It doesn't get much better than that!

Pin It!

7 comments:

Bonita said...

Wow! You got a lot done! Bet that feels great.

My weekend was just the opposite. I was busy, busy and while I seemed to be always moving and working, most of it was outside the house so inside the house is needy. This has been such a busy week as we've swung back into full swing.

Sandra in Phx said...

Sounds like a productive weekend! Wish I could say the same...it was one of those weekends that just spiralled out of control and crashed and burned in the end. Hoping to recover this week...

Rachel Olsen said...

OK, I admit, I'm the lone contributor whose bio was standing between you and the bliss of turning in a completed manuscript. But I sent it to you earlier this morning so get that thing sent off, and then enjoy the good vibrations!

Stop by my blog if you want to enter to win a copy of Keri Wyatt Kent's new book called Rest. Sounds like you might need some! Smiles ~ Rachel

Kelly said...

Marybeth,
Thanks for your comment on my blog about "Recessionista"! I totally agree with what you said about things not making us happy when we get them and then it's on to the next thing. That's how I feel a lot about clothes and books! I want something, a book or a sweater, then I get it and am on to the next thing. I am really looking forward to reading your Financially Free book when it comes out. I am praying right now during 21 days of prayer and fasting at our church that God would help me be content with what I have and work on paying off my cc's.
I am glad you get a girls weekend away, that sounds like fun and something I haven't done for awhile, hmmm, may need to organize something soon, although I think our ladies church retreat is coming up in April and that's always fun.

Scribbit said...

You were so much more productive than I--the word for the week was "hibernation" :)

Jennifer said...

You really did get a lot done. All that baking sounds wonderful - and you may have inspired me!! Doesn't feel great to have a productive weekend?!

Anonymous said...

Marybeth,

Wow - you had a very productive weekend. It is amazing what you can get done when you actually be home! I have been on a great roll lately as far as dinners go. I have been making dinner ahead. So on Monday night I will make dinner for Monday (something easy) and then after dinner I will make the main course for Tuesday. Then on Tuesday I will just make the fixins and heat up the main course. After dinner, I will make the main course for the next day. I find myself much less stressed only having to heat dinner up.
Thought I would share!
Love you blog, read it faithfully!
Lynn