Pages

Monday, January 05, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


If you read my menu plan for last Monday, you will see some of the same meals relisted here. I am sorry for that-- my plans got scrapped largely due to a stomach bug/cold thing making its way through the house. Yuck! We are still in the throes of it, so I am wondering how much I will be cooking big meals this week, to be honest. You might just see these meals relisted next week as well...

Monday) Homemade Chicken Pot Pie, Cooked Apples

Tuesday) Tortilla Soup, Crescent Rolls

Wednesday) Garlic Lime Chicken over Rice, Salad

Thursday) Pizza Rolls, Carrots with Ranch Dressing (leftovers for the parents)

Friday) Beef Burgundy over egg noodles, peas

Saturday) Chicken Nuggets, French Fries, Pineapple(parents eating out)

Sunday) Pork Chops, Homemade Dressing, Green Beans

Monday) Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwiches, grits, fruit cocktail

Note: the days listed are really just to give each meal an assigned day and make sure I have enough for each night of the week-- My family knows I reserve the right to change up the order at will!

Lunches this Week:

Spaghettios and sliced apples
Tomato Soup and Crackers
Hot Dogs with chili, chips
Leftover Barbecue Sandwiches (from what I made this weekend)
Deli Ham or Turkey on Rye or Whole Wheat bread, Chex Mix
Leftovers, if there are any

Breakfasts This Week:

Scrambled Eggs on Toast
Raisin Bread Toast
PopTarts
Raisin Bran Muffins
Pumpkin Bread
Instant Grits or Instant Oatmeal

(All stuff they can get on their own-- not fancy, but it does the trick!)
Pin It!

6 comments:

Sandra in Phx said...

I am struggling with coming up with new lunch ideas. My sweet husband comes home for lunch almost every day and I like to make sure we have a hot meal then. And while I can do sandwiches every once in a while, everyone seems to groan when they are on the menu. And everyone seems a bit "done" with chicken nuggets or mac and cheese. So thanks for a few more ideas:)

Anonymous said...

HI Marybeth,
Thanks for posting your meals. I too have trouble coming up with good lunches. I stay home with my preschooler and try to keep things fun. I have decided that this year we are going to eat less processed foods. This is going to be a "game" for me. I also subscribe to e-mealz. It is awesome. Basically you sign up to recieve a meal plan with grocery list for a week. THere are different plans like low fat, low carb, weight watchers and such. It is dirt cheap (like $1.25 a week) They ask that you do not share the menus thought so that they can keep cost down. I will say that this has been a blessing to my family. Just an fyi....thanks again for your ideas!!

Tricia in Ky

gretchen said...

Hi Marybeth,
Just wanted to pop over and tell you that I love your blog and your family is beautiful! Someone left a comment on my blog "A Servant's Heart" with your link. Hope we can inspire eachother. God bless.
Gretchen

Wendy Blight said...

Marybeth,

I love your blog and love the meal ideas. Since I am new at this blogging thing, I love that yours is so practical and helpful! Do you have good ideas for lunch when your kids have to pack lunch everyday in a brown bag? Lauren does not like to take a lunch box with a freezer pack, so I have to be creative to not give her pb&j everyday. I would so appreciate your thoughts.

Luv Ya,

Wendy B.

Melissa Milbourn said...

note to self: never read Marybeth's menu plan while fasting. :-)

Stacy said...

I'm just getting to this post due to also have the buggy flu in our household this week...I've been down with it myself for 4 days. I enjoy looking at your menu plans...where do you get your ideas/recipes?

Stacy