Pages

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day


Today is election day! We will spend our evening in front of the tv like many Americans, watching the results come in and wondering about the future of our country. I have printed off a map of the states so that the kids can keep track of the results and which electoral votes have gone which way.

Another fun way to celebrate our right to vote is to take advantage of the freebies many companies are doing for those who have an "I Voted" sticker. Starbucks, Krispy Kreme, Ben And Jerry's, and Chick fil a (these vary according to individual locations) are all doing some sort of giveaway so plan to make your rounds!

Like many people, I am concerned about this election and what the ramifications of this day will mean for all of us. But I also know that God is still in charge and He is not worried about the future. I got this forward from my friend Rona, and decided I should post it here today, just as a reminder to us all of what's really important to keep in mind.

On this day, and every day.

Top 10 Predictions No Matter Who Wins the Election

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.

..... and best of all God approves this message!

ISN'T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS REALLY IN CHARGE!
Pin It!

4 comments:

JottinMama said...

I love that top ten list! I needed that this morning ....I have been in a bit of a tizzy about the elections and such. Im gonna print out that list and let it comfort me today :)

Thank you :) Happy Tuesday!

Blessings,
Kate :)

Anonymous said...

I have had many conversations with my grown children about this election and the importance of engaging in the voting process. It is a critical time. For the first time since I have had the privilege of voting we may see the rights that we have come to cherish slowly slip away.

If one party gets control of all 3 legislative branches, with the media firmly entrenched in their camp, the checks and balance system will be threatened.

Our God is mighty and He will prevail through any turmoil we might face. However, he has called us to stand up and stand firm. The shifting sands may cause our nation to stumble but our faith is secure on the Solid Rock.

Alyce said...

Thanks for this post! (especially the plug for freebies ;-)

Svr said...

YES!! I so agree. I too have been in somewhat of a tizzy. Boy am I tempted to steal that list. HE is in control!