Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Are You Worried About Money?


Today I read this verse in Haggai, and it sounded eerily familiar:

"You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. (Haggai 1:9a)

I see God doing this same thing in America right now-- so many people are experiencing that feeling of what they worked to bring home being literally blown away. Last night Curt got home from the grocery store and asked me, "Do you know how much cheese costs these days?" He was incredulous at how much groceries have gone up. We are all feeling the sting of this financial collapse. It is tempting to wring our hands and pace around, muttering to ourselves about the end of the world.

And yet, Matthew 6:19-33 is still very true. My challenge to you today is to go pull out your Bible and read this passage. Turn your anxiety to praise as you place your confidence in Him.

"For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them." (Mt. 6:32)
Pin It!

2 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

We're feeling the sting but not worrying - we're leaving it in God's hands. One of my favorite verses on this is:

Habakkuk 3:17-18 (New International Version)
"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior."

Anonymous said...

Isn't the trick being real with the tensions, but pursuing our real treasure in Heaven? What a rope. Thank God for His grace, for without it I know which side would win in my life.