Pages

Monday, August 04, 2008

Some Randomness


I read this today about the benefits of gardening with kids. Since it was so true, I thought I would share it with you all-- I know we have experienced many of these benefits as we have participated in our co-op garden this summer!

I am sorry for my silence this weekend here on the blog. I was involved in speaking for the HOTM online conference on Saturday-- and just before I was scheduled to do my second session, my internet went whacko, causing me to have to spend hours on the phone with technical services for both my internet provider and my router. Needless to say, I was not able to participate in the Q&A as planned. Technology-- it confuses and frustrates me as much as it amazes me.

Yesterday was our anniversary-- 17 years. We went out last night to dinner at Ruth's Chris. It was good-- but SO expensive. Curt finally had to tell me to stop talking about the prices and just enjoy my meal. He said, "We will never have another 17th wedding anniversary, so let's just enjoy this moment." So true. I was quiet after that. He wrote a very sweet tribute to our marriage on his blog if you want to check it out. We wrapped up our date with a nice impromptu visit with some old friends. I can't imagine a better way to spend an evening.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

What a sweet tribute your husband wrote! How precious! Happy 17th, Marybeth. Steve and I celebrated our 17th on May 11. May God bless you with many more years together.

Oh, and I'm sorry for the technical glitches you experienced!

Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary! Our good friends celebrated their 17th wedding anniversary yesterday, too! Must be a popular day.

And I agree with you about technology being frustrating and confusing at times.

Debra said...

Hi MB,
Congrats on your 17th anniversary. My hubby and I just celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary on 25july. We were able to go to Napa area for the weekend which was wonderful.
The Internet and Technology is frustrating, confusing and amazing all at once. If I didnt have a software engineer for a husband I wouldnt even have a computer.
Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!! (I know that, now that I have your feed properly working again!)

Alyce said...

Happy Anniversary..
Ok..we went on a marriage conference in Feb. Hubby told me to dress nicely for our "date night", part of the conference. We drove up to this town center..I had never heard of Ruth Chris..by the look of it outside, I thought "oh gee..another steak house".. BOY was I WRONG!! And like you, I went on and on about the expense. My hubby told me to hush, that it was a treat. When we sat down and I looked at the menu, I know my heart stopped beating! I was floored and kept saying..We HAVE to leave!!
too funny...