Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Menu Plan Monday... A Little Early


In the midst of all our cleaning, cooking and organizing for the open house tomorrow, I decided to create a new menu plan for the coming week while I was being domestic. I found some great recipes out in the blogosphere, thanks to in part, Dee Dee's "Saturday Stirrings" post for both this week and last. There's some good stuff there if you are looking to be inspired! (Which I always am.) Between getting the new issue of Paula Deen's magazine and checking out all these great recipes, I am plenty inspired. So, here it is:

Saturday) hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, chips and salsa, sliced apples, and strawberry shortcake for dessert

Sunday) leftover hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch after church and before the open house, frozen pizzas for dinner for the kids with purple cows for dessert-- the parents are going out!

Monday) Chicken, Broccoli and Carrot Stir Fry over rice

Tuesday) Spaghetti and Meatballs (I will just add some frozen ones to this crock pot recipe), French Bread, Birthday Cake and ice cream for dessert (my five year old is turning six!!)

Wednesday) Breakfast for dinner, using my friend Amy's recipe for buttermilk biscuits-- yum! We will have eggs, grits, sausage and biscuits, and maybe some fruit with it.

Thursday) Fake Fried Chicken (Made in the oven), homemade mashed potatoes and gravy, peas
Friday) Crockpot Pork Chops served over yellow rice, lima beans (I will be away speaking at a retreat, but will start the chops in the morning before I leave, so all Curt has to do is heat up the lima beans and make the rice.)

Saturday) Grilled chicken, couscous, steamed broccoli (Curt can do all of this on his own as long as I have the stuff in the house to do it with-- otherwise they will eat out, which is expensive!)

So there you have it! A week's worth of dinners for our family. Now, isn't that a great feeling?
Pin It!

3 comments:

Shari Braendel said...

Kind of makes we wanna be sick...JK! I have this unusual feeling like maybe I could do this...it really doesn't seem so hard when you lay it all out like this. Except if I did this, my family really might pass out...and not from my cooking! love ya! Shari

Alyce said...

It all sounds good!
I've got a yummy cake recipe on my blog..check it out..
I hope to add more soon.
Have a great week..
Alyce

Micca said...

My first thought is, "I could never do this! It's way to organized for someone like me...But I think I'll give it a try. Thanks for inspiring me to--what's the word--"plan" ahead!"

On second thought, can I copy yours? And it would be really great if you'd post a menu weekly that I could follow too! :o)

If you ever find someone who will cook it, too---well even better!