Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

As Quoted in The Wall Street Journal


Remember this post? Well, it landed me in The Wall Street Journal! A reporter googled "teenagers and cell phones" and found my blog post, then called me to ask me some questions. Yet another thing to fall under the "I never thought it would happen in my lifetime" category-- being interviewed for the Wall Street Journal. The National Enquirer, perhaps, but not a publication that is known for being intelligent and respectable. Very cool.

Go here to read the article. It is actually a very good article full of information about handling teens and cell phones-- especially those equipped with internet capabilities. Yet another thing for a parent to be on the alert about in this technology-driven world.

You just never know where your blog posts will end up-- or where they will take you.

** FYI: If the Wall Street Journal link does not work, it was only set up to work for seven days for non-subscribers.
Pin It!

15 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Carol said...

Very cool! I just read the article. Yikes! I am so NOT looking forward to the teenage years!

Michelle said...

Wow! Thanks for linking to the article - very informative.

Joyful said...

WOW - Congratulations! Three cheers of praise! Don't you just love it when God suprises us like that!!! My Mom always says, "Each new day holds some lovely secret waiting to unfold". Thanks for sharing your 'secret' with us.

Have a great day,
Joy

Debra said...

That is cool Marybeth! Congrats.I agree with Joyful it is awesome when God surprises us like that!
Debra

Laura said...

That is sooo cool! Congrats!!

Andrea said...

Great article...so cool that you are in it!!

Amy Wyatt said...

That is so awesome! Congrats. Glad you enjoyed your trip to Disney too.

Valerie said...

You're in a fabulous season of blessing, my friend. Even all the pain and inconvenience that went along with the foot injury held a great blessing! But I still don't envy you that part ;-)

Congrats!

Sandy said...

How cool is that? I too am experiencing some amazing things that would not have happened if I had not started blogging, like being published in P31 magazine! It is truly amazing the avenues God takes us down isn't it? Congratulations!

Bonita said...

First Disney, now the Wall Street Journal! For a stay-at-home mom with six kids and a broken foot you sure get around!

Congratulations, sweet friend. You're reaping the rewards of great writing, keeping your priorities straight, and helping soooo many others. Can't wait to see what God has in store for you next!

Table4Five said...

Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations!

Messy and Wonderful said...

Congratulations on the WSJ!!! My oldest is only seven, but already I see where cell phones will be an issue in the future. I love your blog - keep it up!

Lisa said...

Girl, remember the "Whittle" people, ok? (P.S. I hate myself for that corny comment, but I just couldn't resist!)

Congrats!
Lisa :)

Valarie said...

How stinkin' cool is that?! Congrats girl!!!!

Val