Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Too Exhausted To Blog


I was going to write this hopefully witty and entertaining post about how busy my day was and how wowed I am by my own ability to take five small children to the dentist for two hours and still come home and put a reasonably nutritious meal on the table. I was going to sing my own praises for a bit right here on the old blog-- because if I don't, then who will?-- but alas, it seems I have run out of steam. All my witty and entertaining thoughts on how much junk food I fed the baby to keep her entertained in a small dentist office waiting room for two hours have taken flight. All my musings on how having a maid is really not overrated and walking into a house that is totally clean ALL AT ONE TIME that you DID NOT HAVE TO CLEAN is really something to behold. Because the words to describe even that bit of loveliness are now failing me.

And lest you think we have suddenly become independently wealthy overnight and are now hiring me some much-needed staff, oh no. No, no, no. The realtor we hired offers a maid (she says "cleaning service") to come and clean your home every other week while your house is listed with her. When we interviewed her, she had me at "I will hire you a maid."

She came over and did her whole sales pitch they do when they are trying to convince you they are, in fact, the best realtor in your area, bar none. And she covered everything she would do while she was our agent. And "maid" was merely one of the things she talked about. But after that, I didn't hear anymore. I heard "marketing" blah, blah, blah, and "market analysis" blah blah blah, and "contract negotiation" blah blah blah-- but mostly, I was back on maid. I was picturing me with a magazine on the couch while the maid vaccuumed around me, pausing while I lifted my feet in the air so she could vaccuum underneath them like my mom used to do. Yeah, that was a good fantasy. Which will never happen. Because today while the maids came, I was at the dentist. Locked in a small waiting room. With a two year old. For two hours.

Did I say that already?

Oh yeah, which brings me back to why I am simply too exhausted to blog tonight. I will be back later. When I have more to say. Because clearly, I am at a loss for words tonight.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Amy Wyatt said...

Wow.. a maid... really? Maybe I should put my house on the market.

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

I'm ready to list my house with your agent. Does she do work here in NY?!!!!
(That is ONE INCREDIBLE MARKETING IDEA!)

Julie said...

I thought your post was witty and entertaining... the maid service idea is wonderful!

julie said...

just wanted to let you know that I can empathize with your "too tired to blog" post! my husband has been traveling 4 out of the last 5 weeks and i have hit exhaustion several times...four kids, many football practices and games, piano, guitar, a very talkative 3 year old...UGH. God has been gracious to calm the storm this week.
julie
www.homeschoolblogger.com/juliestew