Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday Plans


Today I have already put a roast in the crockpot to cook all day. We will have it with mashed potatoes (the real kind, thank you very much) and green beans.

Since my kids are out of school today, my daughter and I are planning to make this as well. I think it will make a perfect dessert served with a dollop of whipped cream (not the real kind, thank you very much) after our meal.

I have a list of errands I need to run, but there is a man here measuring my house right now, so we have to stick close to home. Which means I have no more excuses for not organizing all the kids books upstairs like Curt has asked me to do. He wants me to pare down the books in hopes of getting rid of some of the clutter upstairs.

And speaking of getting rid of stuff: Yesterday my fifteen year old was playing with the two year old and decided to jump on the bed-- the antique, very fragile bed given to us by Curt's grandparents-- yes, that one. Well, the bed is simply no more. You've heard of "the walls came a tumbling down"? Well, this was similar. My five year old (the one who slept in the bed) spent the night on a sleeping bag where his bed used to be.

On the plus side, the room looks much bigger without the bed in it, which we figure will help with showings. And the five year old is tickled to be allowed to sleep in a sleeping bag! So, everyone wins.

Me especially. I never did like that bed.
Pin It!

9 comments:

MrsProverbs31 said...

Sounds like fun. Thanks for the devotion on P31.

Alyce said...

Funny story about the bed.
I havent yet looked to see what dessert you are making, but why not the homemade whipped cream?? its sooooo good and soooo easy to make!!
If you like light and tangy desserts, let me know, i have great dessert, that I made yesterday..
And the roast sounds yummy..havnet made on in a while..maybe we can swap recipe for that.
Alyce

Amy L Brooke said...

Sounds delicious. You made me hungry . . . .

For a 5-year-old sleeping bags are a treat! Glad that worked out. Were you all at home when it happened. It must have made a racket.

Today at work, an SUV ran into the bank across the stree and put a huge hole in the wall! No one was injured and I have no clue why it happened. They were parking and . . . ? That would be a wakeup!

Owlhaven said...

"everyone wins."

Except for the bed-- hehe.

Mary, mom to many

MelissaTaylor.org said...

Marybeth,

I have had time today to just hang out and spend time on the computer. I've been reading your blog for about an hour now. I can't walk and my foot is in so much pain, but you have brought me so much joy! I just love your writing style and how reading your blog is like I'm sitting with you and you are sharing your life with me. I wish I was sitting you:) Anyway, thanks. You are a big reason I started blogging and it has turned into such a healthy outlet for me.

Love you my friend,
Melissa

Nancy W said...

Isn't it funny how we hold onto something just because it was 'in the family' even though we really don't care for it, been there, AM there!
Blessings to you.

Kelli said...

I hope you all liked the cake, Marybeth! It's one of my favorite recipes. :0)
Hugs,
Kelli

Rachel said...

I am always in awe of the fab puddings you make. My lot get very bored when I tell them, yet again, that it is fruit or yogurt! Think I will go away and be creative and surprise them all.

Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

Love your site--I just found you through Tricia Goyer, and I gotta' tell you I love the orange, red, and green stripes--very fun. I also love the name of your blog, which I could use for my own--I have six as well, but they're all girls except five!

Blessings~