Pages

Sunday, December 09, 2007

A Wonderful Surprise!


The other day my mom (pictured here with the seven year old) stopped by our house bearing a basket of goodies! I was shocked as I removed the lovely tea towel she had covered the basket up with to reveal a plethora of treats to brighten our otherwise ordinary afternoon. Each of the children got an ornament and a Whitman's sampler. I got some new pj's, two cookbooks from Gooseberry Patch, a cool pen, and other neat things, including the basket, which is called a market tote. I had seen hers and commented that I would love to have one to throw library books in, my list of things to do, items I need to return etc. So, she decorated it with the garland you see, which is now hanging on my daughters' bedroom door!
I don't know why, but that gift just made me giddy. I was so happy that I have a mom who takes time to do little things like that for us, and that I got some unexpected surprises, as I am usually the one doing the giving, not the receiving. It felt good to be pampered a bit. I won't lie.
Thanks mom! I am busy plotting some sort of surprise for you to make you feel as loved as I did.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! Love seeing the pix of the kids! Hope all is well in Whalenville....

TheNormalMiddle said...

Now that is really sweet. I understand it too, because when you have more than one or two kids, oftentimes it makes it difficult for family to "spoil" everyone.

Your mom gets the "go girl" award of the day! :)

And you look quite a bit like your mom I must say.

Anonymous said...

Would you or your mom mind sharing where she bought the market tote? I saw one at a soccer game and have been looking for one for my sister since. THanks! By the way I love your blog!

Marci G.

Dionna said...

How wonderful~! I think women should do more things like this for each other. I know that I, for one, don't get pampered very much with suprises like this either. Moms work so hard - we deserve it! What a wonderful gift of love that your mom gave you! And packaged with such flair too...

Unknown said...

I have been snatching up these baskets at TJ Maxx for $9.99 for months. You can find them on eBay for quite a bit more. My last snatch was 8 baskets - I only have 2 left - love, love, love them!!!