- Getting a run in for the third day in a row
- Hugging my now teenaged daughter and telling her, "I love you, you know that don't you?" And her looking back at me and saying, "I love you, you know that don't you?"
- My seven year old daughter knocking out her spelling homework quickly and without any tears. This is a monumental improvement from the first week of school.
- My husband bringing me a tea last night-- and saving a little bit for this morning (so it counts for today)
- Anticipating spending the night in a hotel on Friday with friends (sometimes the anticipation is almost as good as getting to do it!)
- Crossing things off my to-do list
- Reading funny emails from some friends
- Watching those Jodi Picoult videos I posted
- Eating baked potatoes for dinner-- it was so easy and quick and most all my kids loved them
- My teenaged son cleaning the kitchen-- just warms a mama's heart
- Writing a record number of posts in a good while here on my blog
- And finally, the happiest moment of my day was the goofiest moment of my day: Listening to "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson in the car on the way from home really loud with all my kids singing along, also really loud. It was especially fun to hear the baby try to go, "Hee, hee, hee." Don't remember the song? Click here.
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Sharing Some Happy Moments
The trick to being happy, I think, is learning to be happy in the smallest of moments. And so, I wanted to share some small moments that have made me happy today.