Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Personal Post


I had a complaint of sorts from one of my faithful blog readers that I have not been very "personal" in my posts of late. This really made me think. And of course, she is right. I have not been very personal or chatty lately. Mostly because I have been busy. The past two weeks have been devoted to beginnings. Beginning CBS, beginning school work, beginning some classes for the kids. Kicking off our homeschool year. And it has been good, but it has been time consuming. So, I haven't written much-- and I am sorry. I haven't shared from the heart, and that's what's been missing. Because me and my heart have been off pursuing other things.

Here is some of what I have been dealing with:
  • doctor's appointments
  • starting CBS homework
  • going to our first book study
  • ordering 150 prints of my daughter to work on her album
  • discovering wood rot on our house that will be several thousand dollars to fix
  • dealing with one out of commission toilet, the plumber, and having only one toilet in a house with eight people
  • fixing the air conditioning in my Suburban (and being without my car in the process)
  • signing with an agent that I feel really good about
  • winning a cruise (more about that later)
  • talking with coordinators about upcoming speaking engagements and dealing with other speaking business stuff
  • continuing in my quest to weed out my email inbox
This weekend I am going off with two girlfriends for a weekend of scrapbooking-- something else I have been neglecting! My albums are shamefully behind. I hope to get some work done, venture out to the beach for some sun, go running (something else I have neglected lately), and use up all my words every day chatting with these girls who have shared life with me for a long, long time. These girls were there when my youngest was born and they have walked through so much with me. We laugh together and bear each other's burdens. Getting to slip away from the noise of life is a true blessing-- a gift from God and my husband, who is allowing me to do this. Good man.

If you don't hear much from me in the next few days, that is why. I just wanted to let you know and also to let you know that me and my heart will be back with bells on next week!
Pin It!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you - wow, looks like you've had a busy few weeks! September is always a hectic month.

I haven't commented on here before, but I have been reading your blog for several months now. Actually, I'm a homeschooled teenager with an interest in writing, so....I have really enjoyed reading about your life, book projects, etc. and how you balance it all (or not! :-).

I love your new blog design, too!

Rebecca

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Yes, and when you come back, share with us about winning a cruise!!
Have a wonderful time with your girlfriends. It's given me the nudge to think of doing the same....hmmm, time away to laugh with friends and cry if I need to, and talk till the cows come home. Sounds heavenly!

Kathy Gillen said...

Wow, you signed with an agent? Congrats. Life can gobble you up. With six kids, in September, it is inevitable that things will be busy. But having time to inhale, deeply, praise God and live a big life are all anyone can ask for. Sounds like you're doing all that.

P.S. Who did you sign with?

Erin said...

We have 3 toilets for 4 people, I will gladly share :)

Christine said...

I am drooling over that weekend! Have a great time!

Sisterlisa said...

We all understand the busy life, and maybe this cruise will give you some quiet moments with God and he'll speak to you and inspire you to write more. Remember, your family comes before us. ((hugs))