Pages

Sunday, September 02, 2007

I Am Sick


Moms shouldn't get sick. Especially on a holiday weekend when said mom had lots of grand plans of accomplishments, errands, and endless merrymaking.

Instead I am sniffing and sulking, dragging around the house looking especially pitiful. I did have the thought that it is nice to be sick when my husband is home to pick up my slack. But if I had a choice, I would choose to be well.

I am not going to church today. Me and the seven year old will be here, coughing and sniffing in unison. Fun times all around. In the meantime, I am taking advantage of the downtime by hunkering down with Elizabeth Foss' book, Real Learning. This is my second time through the book. Instead of devouring it quickly as I did the first time, I am taking my time this time, making notes and underlining important quotes. Check out her blog to find out more about her. I highly recommend this book for all homeschoolers. Even though she writes from a decidedly Catholic perspective, it is still a very inspiring book even if you aren't a Catholic homeschooler.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Hope you're feeling better by now!